Bonjour and Bienvenue, in english: Hello and Welcome! This is my blog. Here you'll find what I am up to as a photographer. I like to share a bit of what is going on in my life here but for the most part I showcase the work I'm doing as a photographer. Feel free to comment on any blogs; I love feed back!

I love photographing! So if you like my work and need a photographer you can email me at emmy@searchingforthelight.com or call me at 505.620.1728 for booking. I'm located in the Albuquerque area but travel often; so, check for travel dates and locations.

Feel free to check out my website www.searchingforthelight.com

Thanks for stopping by! I hope to have the pleasure of meeting you some day!

 

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Gaines Family (Albuquerque Family Photographer)

This past Sunday my mother-in-law had a seemingly great idea to take some photos in an antique store of the family before they moved. I have to admit the moment when I walked into the store I was concerned. The store was filled to the brim with stuff, mind you really cool neat antique things, but none the less filled. Not to mention the poor lighting from a photographers perspective and a few ceilings made of wood...meaning no reflecting flash to try to get some natural looking light. Phew.

But as with all things in my life when I feel like something is a complete disaster God intervenes and makes something beautiful. Another testimony that my photography is never something I claim as my own doing but God's gifting and blessings through me.

I do have to say that the store was really neat and would recommend it to any antique-goer. Here's a few photos from the store.
Gaines_142

Gaines_135_bw

I thought this was pretty cute. :)
Gaines_145_vintage

Now for the family pics.
Family silly tub

Gaines_066

Dress-up seemed fitting in a store like this.
>retro girl

cowboy

Gaines_016_sepia

Get to know Andi and you'll see the face a lot. haha. ;)
Gaines_030_bw

Gaines_004_vintage

Gaines_104

Gaines_116

I LOVE these ones!




Jodi said she wasn't photogenic, I think she was lying.
Gaines_122_bw


No comments:

Post a Comment