Bonjour and Bienvenue, in english: Hello and Welcome! This is my blog. Here you'll find what I am up to as a photographer. I like to share a bit of what is going on in my life here but for the most part I showcase the work I'm doing as a photographer. Feel free to comment on any blogs; I love feed back!

I love photographing! So if you like my work and need a photographer you can email me at emmy@searchingforthelight.com or call me at 505.620.1728 for booking. I'm located in the Albuquerque area but travel often; so, check for travel dates and locations.

Feel free to check out my website www.searchingforthelight.com

Thanks for stopping by! I hope to have the pleasure of meeting you some day!

 

Thursday, June 4, 2009

What's in a Name....

Searching for the Light first began while I, the photographer Emmy, began shooting with my Nikon Coolpix point-and-shoot during my first year away from home in college. I was utterly fascinated with capturing and recording the memories of my life away from home in innovative and interesting ways. I began looking at things from different angles: going on my knees and under things just to see how different it looked upside down, or from either side. I also found myself always trying to get the sun within my pictures; whether it was making the object I was photographing a silhouette or placing subjects in just the right spot for a beautiful sunburst to appear within the picture. After a period of time I came up with the name Searching for the Light, because I was always searching for new ways to capture a subject and trying to incorporate the sun within my photos. As time progressed I realized this wasn’t always possible to capture the sun within all my photos so I then resolved to look for the best lighting. Although this is all the literal meanings, there too is a deeper meaning to the name Searching for the Light. As I’m sure you will come to find as you work with me, I believe that this world was neither happenstance nor a combination of particles randomly coming together but rather created by an amazing purposeful God. I believe He created it all just for us, to live in, to rejoice in, and to enjoy. Using photography as my point to share my faith in our Creator, I like to say that I’m searching for the actual Light: Christ. “In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.” John 1:4-5. I want to share and show the world the beauty He created by searching for God in people, in creation, in anything and then reflecting that within a photograph. I pray daily that my photography isn’t just a business but a means to capture and share beauty beyond our comprehension.



Here are some photos from the year I first began, away from home.




No comments:

Post a Comment