Bonjour and Bienvenue, in english: Hello and Welcome! This is my blog. Here you'll find what I am up to as a photographer. I like to share a bit of what is going on in my life here but for the most part I showcase the work I'm doing as a photographer. Feel free to comment on any blogs; I love feed back!

I love photographing! So if you like my work and need a photographer you can email me at emmy@searchingforthelight.com or call me at 505.620.1728 for booking. I'm located in the Albuquerque area but travel often; so, check for travel dates and locations.

Feel free to check out my website www.searchingforthelight.com

Thanks for stopping by! I hope to have the pleasure of meeting you some day!

 

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Sophia | Ballerina (Albuquerque Ballet Dance Photographer)

This session was amazing! One completely worth all the trouble we went through. Although, looking back it really is quite comical.


First let me tell you how our day started out. Sophia and I were supposed to meet at Starbucks of I-25, well there are two of I-25. Guess what? We ended up at the two different ones. Then I got a call from Sophia saying she locked her keys in her car along with all her dance clothes. We then waited for her mom to bring her spare keys. Then, on top of it all it began to rain.


Her mom arrived with the keys and sophia got dressed. We were determined to do this despite everything.


Then, you seriously couldn't believe this, my car wouldn't start. Haha, I know right?


So, we hopped is Sophia's car. Drove downtown to our location and began the photoshoot. Thankfully it had stopped raining and made for some amazing lighting!


Then my camera battery died, and so did my spare.


I'm serious here.


It was 345 and our original plan was for Sophia to go to dance after to be greet by all her friends for a suprise birthday party once she got home. But miss Sohpia was too tired go to dance. So in a plan B we stopped for a snack and charged my batteries.


It worked out great because I needed to burn time til 630 for when the party started and Sophia hadn't had time for lunch!


So we drove to Uptown and finished our shoot, right at 630.


Phew. I know, it wore me out, but like I said, it was an amazing shoot! Now, enough with my poor story telling skills and on to the beautiful photos!


She has the MOST beautiful blue eyes, and the blue stormy sky in the background...God just blessed this so much!

SophiaEdwards_Ballet_092


We both have a cheesy since of humor. ;)

SophiaEdwards_Ballet_049_vintage


SophiaEdwards_Ballet_028_vintage



SophiaEdwards_Ballet_027_vintage_2



SophiaEdwards_Ballet_024_vintage


The sun began to come out and the storm still went on towards the mountains. As you can see this made for some gorgeous natural lighting!

SophiaEdwards_Ballet_124_vintage


I really couldn't get enough of those blue eyes!

SophiaEdwards_Ballet_096


SophiaEdwards_Ballet_101_vintage


SophiaEdwards_Ballet_098_vintage



SophiaEdwards_Ballet_127_bw



SophiaEdwards_Ballet_118


Uptown was a different story, mostly because there was people staring at her, which just made Sophia a rock star. ;) She was such a trouper!


Oh, how I love this one!!!


SophiaEdwards_Ballet_202_bw


SophiaEdwards_Ballet_211_bw


One smiling one.

SophiaEdwards_Ballet_180_vintage


SophiaEdwards_Ballet_242_bw


SophiaEdwards_Ballet_181


SophiaEdwards_Ballet_164_vintage


SophiaEdwards_Ballet_214_vintage


SophiaEdwards_Ballet_201


This is just a little silly fun. All the ballet positions!

SophiaEdwards_Ballet_Positions



I just love ballet photography. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment